Darien Personal Trainer Picks Things Up and Puts Them Down
You know, as a Darien Personal Trainer it kills me when I see people doing this exercise wrong.
We often do some type of hip-dominant lifting exercise in our workouts (deadlifts, swings) so I made a video explaining and demonstrating proper form for this exercise:
So just remember these three tips any good Darien Personal Trainer will tell you:
- Keep your weight back on your heels and drive down through them!
- Drive your hips forward
- Pull your shoulders back
There’s a lot more to the exercise than those three, but that will get you started and keep you safe.
Benefits of doing deadlifts are numerous and include:
- Strengthening lower back (the most commonly injured area!)
- Overall core strengthening
- Uses many muscle groups at once (your entire posterior chain) which means greater effect on your body to get stronger and leaner
- Strengthens and tones legs and butt
I’m also not just any Darien Personal Trainer talking about deadlifts … here are a few I’ve done myself
455lbs in competition
You’re going to want to fast forward to about a minute in. I have gotten up to 485lbs since this competition.
370lbs for 10 reps
So as you can see this lift is not only important in our workouts at Infinity Fitness, but also an important movement pattern for every day life and it also happens to be a specialty of mine.
I would be happy to show you some more details on the technique any time you want, just come on in to see me!