Who Needs Supplements?
Most of you know that I don’t recommend many supplements.
The majority of people will see incredible benefits from just eating a healthy and natural diet and adding supplements just confuses people.
For most people supplements aren’t close to the answer they need, adding a pill or powder to a bad diet reminds me of the saying “you can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig”
But there is one supplement that I will recommend to everyone no matter how good or bad their diet is.
Make sure you realize I’m still recommending cleaning up your diet whether you use this supplementation or not.
List of benefits from this “magic pill”
- Decreased inflammation. This possibly wards off diseases of inflammation (such as heart disease, asthma, arthritis, macular degeneration)
- Increased insulin sensitivity, if your body is more sensitive to insulin then it will make less after a meal. This is good. This means less fat storage.
- Lower triglycerides and increase HDL (good cholesterol)
- Improvements in your skin.
- Increased fat loss. This supplement will help mobilize fat stores and have them ready to move.
- Increased mental clarity and brain function. The ingredients have proven to help
- Benefits to pregnant women and health of unborn babies
- Helps prevent Alzheimers, depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
Some of you may have recognized some of these benefits and put it together:
The Omega-3 Fatty Acids found in fish oil will give you all of the benefits listed above with regular usage.
How Much To Take
Dosages as low as 1g (one capsule) per day have shown positive effects, but most recommendations are for 2-4g each day.
I have heard of dosages as high as 15-20g per day to dramatically increase fat loss in obese individuals. This isn’t cost effective in the long run, but for a real jump start on a weight loss routine it can be a good strategy.
When To Take It
Take fish oil capsules with your meals. If you are taking more than 2g each day then its best to spread it out over more than one meal.
What To Look For
Make sure that the fish oil says it is Omega-3 Fish Oil. Look for the amount of EPA and DHA on the label, these are Omega-3 Fatty Acids. The cheapest brand is not worth purchasing, it would be like getting a McDonald’s hamburger instead of a filet mignon.
Now that you know the many benefits of fish oil and how much to take the last thing you need to know is
Where To Get It
- Locally in supplement stores like Tommy K’s or Vitamin Shoppe
- Online look for brands such as Nordic Naturals and Biotest on sites like bodybuilding.com or even amazon.com
- I can send it over to you. I’ve worked out a deal with a top supplement company to be able to ship directly to clients of Infinity Fitness. Ask me for more info if you’re interested
And now you know. Enjoy all of the great benefits of this true magic pill.